|Overall Giving: $250 billion in 2004
- Larger than the economy of Switzerland, and greater than the combined annual revenues of the two largest companies in America, Wal-Mart and Exxon Mobil.
- Individuals – $188 billion (75.6%)
- Foundations – $28.8 billion (11.6%)
- Bequests – $19.8 billion (8.0%)
- Corporations – $12 billion (4.8%)
Source: GivingUSA and Changing Our World, Inc.
Source: Internal Revenue Service and Changing Our World, Inc.
WHITE PAPERS & REPORTS
Susan Raymond: Pasteur, Chance, and Change: Good Strategic Planning Can Lead to Excellent Fundraisinge
Capital Campaigns – When You’re Stuck in the Muck
Cultivating Young Fundraising Professionals
Grizzard – Raising Money in a Presidential Election Year
Planned Giving – Where to Begin
Stop Thinking Outside the Box
Straight Talk about Planned Giving
The Five Dirty Secrets of Capital Campaigns
The Imperative of Elasticity: Philanthropy in an Expanding World
The Value of the Feasibility Study
Why Bill Gates Is Not a Prospect for Your Campaign
Integrated, Multi-channel Marketing Reaps Big Rewards For The Salvation Army Chicago Metropolitan Division
How the United States Merchant Marine Academy Went Over Goal
Need support for an upcoming pitch or proposal? Use these contacts for more information.
Contact Tom Watson for more trends, statistics and industry information.
Please provide feedback on your Resource Center experience. Take a short survey.