Time 100 List Features 12 Philanthropists
Featuring a diverse assortment of international philanthropists, Time Magazine has included 12 "Power Givers" in the 2007 version of the TIME 100, the magazine’s choice for the 100 "men and women whose power, talent or moral example is transforming the world."
Included in the list:
- Angelina Jolie, actress and adopter who gives away 1/3 of her income
- Rania al-Abdullah, Queen of Jordan who supports microlending and advocates for children
- Yu Panglin, rated China’s top philanthropist who focuses on rural health care
- Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al-Saud, of Saudia Arabia, who is trying to foster understanding of Islam
- Sir John Templeton, who funds research into science and religion
- Li Ka-shing, Hong Kong billionaire who has pledged 1/3 of his wealth to his foundation
- Pierre & Pam Omidyar, founders of the Omidyar network
- David Rockefeller, major supporter of the arts and scientific research
- Gordon Moore, major supporter of conservation projects
- George Soros, billionaire founder of the Open Society Institute
- Bill & Melinda Gates, world’s richest couple also oversee world’s largest foundation
- Anil Agarwal, supporter of University education in India
Who do you think is missing? Who do you think shouldn’t be included?