Live From New York…It's CauseWired!
We’re rolling out CauseWired in panel discussion form at the fifth annual Summit onPhilanthropy in New York on Tuesday. Joining me to discuss the topic (what else?) “CauseWired: Plugging In, Getting Involved, Changing the World” will be an all-star group of social media activism experts. Dig this lineup:
- Micah Sifry, Co-founder & Editor, Personal Democracy Forum and co-founder of techPresident.com
- Jason Paez, CEO, Party 4 A Purpose
- Allison Fine, Senior Fellow at Demos and author of Momentum: Igniting Social Change in the Connected Age
- Charles Best, CEO & Founder, DonorsChoose.org
- Robert Tolmach, president of WellGood LLC founder and founder of ChangingThePresent.org
The Summit, which I created with onPhilanthropy.com editor-in-chief Susan Carey Dempsey, is an invitation-only conference of approximately 300 CEOs of leading nonprofit organizations; corporate, foundation and individual philanthropists; and leading companies serving the nonprofit sector. It’s sponsored by our company, Changing Our World, Inc. and also includes a keynote speech by Robert C. Orr, Assistant Secretary-General for Strategic Planning and Policy Coordination of the United Nations.
Other speakers will include Susan Smith Ellis, CEO of (RED), Frank Kurre of Grant Thornton, Nancy Mahon, Executive Director of the MAC AIDS Fund, Mario Morino, the co-founder & Chairman of Venture Philanthropy Partners, Chronicle of Philanthropy editor Stacy Palmer, Sam Daley-Harris of the Microcredit Summit Campaign and Contribute Magazine editor Marcia Stepanek.
I’m looking forward to the panel, the first public roll-out of the book’s title and premise. And it’ll no doubt add to the text, which remains very much an intensive work in progress.